It’s Volunteer Recognition Day!
April 20th is Volunteer Recognition Day celebrated worldwide. It is a chance to recognise the importance of volunteers in our community. A Volunteer can be a professional in medicine and education who share his/her skills and knowledge. A volunteer can also be a student or your neighbour who is trained for emergency rescue and just wants to help.
Why should we volunteer?
- We volunteer to promote humanity and improve the quality of life.
- Helping others produces a feeling of self-worth and fulfilment.
- When you volunteer, you can learn a new skill and develop talents that you have.
- Volunteering promotes socialisation and builds a connection.
How can you celebrate Volunteer Recognition Day?
- Thank volunteers for their work.
- Donate to a volunteer group.
- Be a volunteer yourself and help others.
There can be no better way to keep your skills, knowledge and blessings but to share them with other people who needed your help. We can all be volunteers in our own simple way, but let’s take time to express gratitude for those volunteers who give time and dedicate their lives in volunteering even without financial gain.
I remember the kind-hearted volunteers of Rawli who believe that making education accessible to all can ease poverty. We have featured them in our article “We Can Change The World —RAWLI“. They are teachers, students and people from different walks of life who volunteered and worked together to help our brothers in need. The world is better because they do what they do.
The world is better because of what all volunteers do.
To all the volunteers in the world…
If you have insights about the article, please leave a comment below.
Please don’t forget to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter & Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel — A Minute Of Overpass.